20 June 2009

171



I have to make this the last time I use this iPhone app to take my picture for the day. It is really fun (and unlike my real toy camera - the Holga - it requires no film loading, etc.) but incredibly lazy and requires no skill beyond seizing an opportunity to capture an image that you find appealing. That won't make me a better photographer in the end now will it?

Anyway we went out walking today in the mist and rain - down by the Gowanus and came across so many interesting doors, alleys, walls, grafitti, etc. - made me mad that I had decided not to bring a camera. I loved this wall with the paint chips and different colors - it was bright and comforting in the quiet and darkness of the overcast, wet afternoon.

2 comments:

pilgrimchick said...

This is a great picture, whatever it was taken on.

MargOH! Channing said...

really lovely..i love the way this came out...very spooky to me..XO, M