24 September 2009

267



"Everybody has a purpose in life, even if it's just to serve as a really bad example."

i wrote this down some time ago because it just seemed like something i should write down.

i sometimes wonder if i am the really bad example? is that my purpose??

well - i know, i know - i am on a negative arc right now. i've decided that tomorrow i write positively - tomorrow when i again have this opportunity to say something to the world i will use it to put out what i want back - what i want for myself...

3 comments:

Ryan said...

One of the things I love most about your blog is your willingness to unabashedly express negative feelings - we're not "supposed to" have them, let alone express them candidly, and I think that doing so is one of the most courageous and altruistic things people can do for one another. Bad example? Hardly.

However, to speak to your decision to write about positive things, I continue to be astonished at how much of my life is simply inside of my own head - and thus something I have complete control over. Choosing to view things positively, then, is a difficult task, but a skill that is nevertheless worth refining, I think.

Ryan

Cogent Ascending said...

I think that's the great part.
Some days your the cautionary tale and some days your the benefactor of someone elses foregone stupidity.Revel in it and don't be worried which you are today as I'm sure by tomorrow the story will have changed again.

Jeff C.-S. said...

Thank you both.

Interesting that the two of you chose to comment on the same entry - you've both consistently provided me with the most thoughtful and insightful commentary on the things I post and I sincerely thank you for that honor.

Ryan - you are entirely right about control which is why I said what I did. I started this blog project as a way to encourage myself to view my passion with intense positivity - not the subject matter but the pursuit of photography, its place in my life and my future. I've been feeling VERY negative lately and feel I need to get back to my original intentions.