
I don't know what it is lately but I am fascinated with photographing people in motion. I love focusing on one body part and trying (mostly unsuccessfully) to freeze that while the rest is moving along to wherever they need to be.
Key to this has been to NOT capture their faces - keep them anonomyous. Part of this came from being a little intimidated about street photography but has grown into something that I actually prefer because it keeps them more relatable to me and hopefully to the viewer as well - does that make any sense?
I think this all about what my friend/artist Glenn Fischer mentioned in one of his comments to me...it's the mystery. The untold story of who they are and what their destination is and in turn who WE are and where we are going.
Anyway not trying to analyze this too much.
I just like these shots. This one is not the best of the lot (I have tons of them) but still I do like it. I love the stillness of the guy in the middle's right leg and the clarity of the pink swoop on his sneakers.
No comments:
Post a Comment