04 April 2009

94



Clearly I am facing a lack of inspiration these days.

I suppose this project is one that I should have expected would have periods of challenge. And honestly I think that is a part of the whole thing.

Keep trying even when I honestly could give a flip about taking a photograph or writing in this journal. Keep going because I owe it to myself.

And also to keep going whether or not I got feedback. I tend to look for validation (as many of us do) in the approval or others. I wish it weren't so but I can't ignore that it is a part of me. Hopefully I will learn more and more to find the approval of myself above all others, as the only validation, as I live authentically and evolve to the person I am meant to be.

As the universe has made me.

This is where the inspiration to continue on with the project comes from and will continue to flow...hopefully smoother than it has been.

4 comments:

r. said...

Reminds me of this one song by Yoko:

--

Ask an elephant why he's raising his trunk,
And he says, "donno, i'm just doing it."

Ask a tiger why he's running so fast,
And he says, "donno, i'm just doing it."

Ask a monkey why he's swinging from a tree,
And he says, "donno, i'm just doing it.

Ask a guy why he's dancing in the sun,
And this is what he says.

--

We're social beings, and it's alright to get approval/validation from others. You have mine! :-)

xo, r

Unknown said...

You are correct, you do owe it to yourself. Keep it up!!!!!

Jeff C.-S. said...

I love it - thank you, R!!

I don't mind seeking the approval of people I care about and respect but I am working towards less concern over approval from those with whom I have no connection...

The Idiot Prophet said...

Come on Cat.
Approval seeking is a part of what makes society go round.
Some might say its the thread in the fabric of society.
Plus just look at the alternative.
You could wind up an egocentric asshole like me who loves everything he does . . . EVER.
LOL
;p
Things I approve of when it comes to J Catlow:
He isn't starving to death in the big apple.
He can read and write at what is obviously an advanced level.
Based on his picture he is totally fuckable.
He takes awesome pictures.
He is in a relationship that he seems to enjoy.
He hasn't cut his ear off in defference to his art.
YAY!