16 May 2009

136



[SIDE BAR: I rarely comment on the photo but anyway - loved this shot but hated the rotten job I did on the settings - I got the exposure all wrong. Nonetheless it it would have been a perfect addition to the set I have been working on and I still like the subject matter so I am using it here]

"May I be at peace;
May my heart remain open;
May I awaken to the light of my true nature:
May I be healed;
May I be a source of healing to all sentient beings;
May I be safe;
May I be happy;
May I be healthy;
May I be at ease"


- not sure where this if from - I have this in some notes I took when exploring different Buddhist centers in NYC - I think this is from Tonglen (a Tibetan Buddhist practice) - anyway I love it and forgot how much peace it can bring in to your mind if you really open yourself up to it

1 comment:

MargOH! Channing said...

i didn't know you got this , the best, Love it...LOL