
Just saw 33 Variations - wow. Absolutely loved it. I mean there were some weak spots but overall just a very impactful evening. Jane Fonda and Zach Grenier were just superb in my opinion.
Maybe because I am really emotional now anyway but I was in tears by the end - not sad really but tears coming from the feeling of no longer being alone in your fears and anxieties.
We all wish we could control time, freeze a moment. We're all terrified by the passing of time and what that takes away and what it brings.
In one section Beethoven talks to Dr. Brandt about the ups and downs he faced when losing his hearing - one day would be horrible and then the next would be better, bringing hope only to be followed by the next day which was worse than ever, for twenty five years this rollercoaster of hope and despair before he finally lost his hearing completely. It was then that he finally felt relieved - the worst had happened, he was free.
I find such great peace in that. It touches the very heart of my struggle in the last year.
Anyway I figured that I would cap this day by sharing this quote from Beethoven:
“Then let us all do what is right, strive with all our might toward the unattainable, develop as fully as we can the gifts God has given us, and never stop learning”
And really that's all I can ever expect from myself...
2 comments:
Just as a coincidence, (going with the quote) my new mantra to the girls is find what you love and your great at and go for it, don't be the spectator be "The Show" I personally am tired of watching...........
So true!!!! I'm going to send you the lyrics to Some People from Gypsy - really states this perfectly...
xo
Post a Comment