12 March 2009

71



I felt small.

I walked past a young woman who looked so lost, downtrodden and despondent for someone so young.

My heart really ached as I looked into her eyes.

It reminded me, quite sharply, that there are people in this world that will never experience love of any sort. I'm not saying this girl specifically, maybe she was just going through a bad day or week or something, but if not her then there are many others.

I felt small because I take so much for granted and complain about things in my life but...I'm surrounded by love, love of all kinds.

And I should never overlook what that means. It means that I've seen the beauty in life and I know what CAN be even when it isn't immediately obvious. It means that even in the darkest times when I feel isolated and scared and alone...in a very real way that transcends the physical world, I'm never alone.

2 comments:

Polish Punk Chick said...

She was probably channeling me. Poor thing.

Jeff C.-S. said...

Oh...but you have love, do you not?