
The Christmas carnage tells us that the season has, rather abruptly, come to an end. It seemed to come and go before I even knew what was happening.
That aside it was actually quite a nice series of events. We spent Christmas Eve with dear friends, Christmas day with my in-laws (riding to their place on Metro-North along the Hudson was SOOO peaceful and relaxing) and New Year’s Eve with my family and our friend, Michael and ALL of them were just wonderful celebrations that meant a lot to us. Quality time spent in conversation, laughter and shared memories. There was virtually no material exchange this year and I found that to be one of the most memorable aspects of the holiday.
More and more I am understanding that I will never find satisfaction or gratification in things. I mean don’t misunderstand, I adore things and I do find pleasure in THINGS but they will never be the source of authentic happiness.
It sets me free.
It’s exhilarating!
1 comment:
You know what my bumper sticker says, right? "The best things in life aren't things" :-)
Ugh, we still have our fake tree up, AND our outdoor lights! teehee! All our neighbors' lights are down, the pressure is killing us!! arg!
Post a Comment