22 January 2009

22



I wasn't very strong yesterday.

The truth is that I haven't been terribly strong at all the last few days. Depression will do that...sneak up on you and steal the strength you work to develop.

Those old ghosts of mine, the ones I have been attempting to live peacefully with, have had the run of the house!! Something from my past set me off into a tailspin and I let it happen.

It's ok. There will always be days like that for me. And the beauty is that I am strong enough to withstand them. I'm not great today but I'm better.

I've got a lot of work to do in reconciling the expectations I HAD of myself versus what I have actually accomplished. It's not a unique struggle but for each of us there are unique circumstances that are the foundation for the struggle. I'm trying to identify all of mine to varying degrees of success.

I realized just this morning in the shower that there was an approach I hadn't even considered to one of those things from the past that seems to have ruled the decisions I've made in my adult life. I don't want to talk about it now because I am still swishing it around the noggin but it's fresh and that in and of itself may be just the thing I need. I'll probably get around to taling more about it in the weeks and months to come. It's gonna get messy in here, children!!!!

Sometimes in order to create dreams, goals and hopes for the present and future we need to let go of the ones from the past. It is difficult to accomplish but the value in accomplishing it is immeasurable.

2 comments:

Steven said...

You are very brave to open yourself to the outside world. It is ok to feel not strong. To show weakness actually makes us stronger. Life can be just beautiful to live than conquering.

r. said...

Sometimes being weak and down n' about ain't all that bad, since what goes down must come up eventually... in time, it can only revitalize! But what IS 'bad' really? I guess it depends on how one sees such.

Hope you're having a good evening Jeff. Big hugs - from mee 2 ewe!!

xo, r