
"People who have good taste are bound to make a mistake now and then, because they're human, and when they do it's a horrendous one. It's so ugly you can't believe it. On the other hand people who have terrible taste are bound to make a mistake and buy something exquisite - and you can't possibly understand how that could happen"
- Joan Crawford
Several Christmases ago B gave me a wonderful gift. A signed edition of Joan Crawford's book "My Way of Life" from which I took the above quote.
It is a fabulous book. It has a lot of camp value. The way she wrote it is very conversational so you can actually hear her saying what you're reading.
Highly enjoyable. A sure way to make me smile and rassle up some creative inspiration is to slide it off the shelf and open up to any page.
1 comment:
LOL
That quote just about sums up nearly every dating decision I have ever made.
;p
Every once and a while I make an exquisite choice much to the dumbfounded shock of everyone I know.
Post a Comment