
I’ve thought about this before but it’s been coming back to me in varying degrees of clarity and sharpness as of late, most recently on the walk in to the day job this blindingly cold morning.
What happens when a dream you’ve based your life on becomes more of a nightmare? When it stays too long, doesn’t evolve, change or otherwise adapt and yet still continues to hold on to you and you to it?
The dream morphs into a wall. A blockade. It effectively seals off the potential of other dreams that could come true, doesn’t it? The dream haunts you instead of propelling you forward.
I’m not saying that I think my own dream/dreams are doing this to me but as someone who is constantly analyzing their life and accomplishments (or often the lack thereof) I can’t help but look to these questions and wonder.
I am not a believer in abandoning dreams because I do believe they serve a purpose. But I also believe that after a certain amount of time, if you are not feeling positive energy and inspiration from those dreams, you either have to let them die and mourn them or you have to seriously evaluate them and try to find a way to “make them over” into something perhaps a bit more on the realistic side.
I tend to feel that at least some of “my dream” needs to be made over. I don’t necessarily have to watch it die but I do need to maybe see the bigger picture through a different lens.
2 comments:
This is very interesting for me to read because I posted something very similar to it on my blog this morning. I wish I had an answer...
What are your dreams that need to be made over Catlow? Sometimes i think my design dreams should be mourned and trashed, and i should move on to buying a B&B somewhere quaint (and focus on design ONLY for myself and a few select others). If only i were wealthy.
Are you on facebook?
Post a Comment